Saturday, June 5, 2010

The train, AGAIN?!?!

It seems the boys' favorite thing to do these days is to go ride the train outside the Fort Worth Zoo. So, since school is still on break and John is STILL out of town, that's what we did on Wednesday. I think Mikey likes it because he gets popcorn and I allow him to split a "red pop" with me. THAT'S a rare treat, for both of us! "Toe-Toe" loves it just because he loves trains. On Wednesday, "Toe" begged me to give Mikey's train hat to the conductor! THAT didn't happen though! Matty likes to hold the tickets and then hand them to the conductor. He likes to scream, "ALL ABOARD," when it's time to take off. He also LOVES to blow his whistle when we go through a crossing. Mikey is getting so big, it OFTEN makes me tear up when it comes to my attention. When the train stops for a short concession break, I let him take two dollars to the snack shop window and ask for "2 popcorn's, please?!" He is SO shy! He begs me to do it and then gets SUPER nervous when the train comes to a stop. He nearly backs out each time. However, after he accomplishes the task, he walks back over to us so pleased with himself! I always tell him how great he is and what a helpful job that was to me. While John was out of town this week he helped me feed the dogs. I asked him to do it and he never fussed about the responsibility. I tell him he is my biggest boy while daddy is away and I need his help around the house, with brother and to protect us. He is SO happy to take on that role and takes it very seriously. Mikey is at a stage where he is so sweet and eager to please, hope it stays that way forever!! Ha!

1 comment: