Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last day for swim lessons

Thursday was Mikey's last day of swim lessons. I think he was ready for them to be over. He had the same instructor as last year and did well again. After each lesson Mikey would ask me if I was proud of him. He would say, "I'm amazing, am I?" I think having the same instructor helped him since he is shy. On the first day he asked me, "Mommy, is her going to remember me?" "Mommy, does her like me?" Of course my answers to both questions were, "YES!" He had two sets of twin girls in his class and one other boy that was a bit older than him. Toe was SO happy swim lessons were over for Mikey. And because he was so difficult while we are there, I was happy too. Each day I had to think of something to reward him with if he would go without being TOO incredibly difficult. There is a park near-by that has a TON of duck and geese. He just LOVES feeding them. A couple of times feeding them was his treat if he could behave during the lessons. I could have taken him during the lessons but really wanted to watch Mikey. Plus, Mikey really "needs" me there to make him feel more comfortable. Toe has a favorite goose that is HUGE. There are several huge ones and they all look exactly alike to me. Somehow, the kid can tell them apart. I noticed that his favorite has babies that he always stays close to - maybe that's how he knows. Once, when Toe was trying to persuade me into going to feed the ducks DURING the lesson, he said, "M-m-m-m-m-mommy, m-m-m-m-my big buddy needs me. He's, he's, he's berry so hungry. Y-y-y-y-y-you know he has a BIG tummy and he needs me to feed him." These ducks/geese are enormous and VERY friendly- to the point that they seem aggressive. When we went to feed them they all rushed towards us (at least 30 or more)quaking and squawking at us with their skinny mouths wide open. It was VERY concerning but I tried to act like it wasn't. Toe just started tossing bread to them. Next thing I know, more were swimming across the pond toward us. Mikey got on top of a rock and fussed the entire time. Toe and I kept feeding them until it was all gone. I think we could have had 5 more loaves of bread and it wouldn't have satisfied them. The pond is full of hungry fish and turtles too. If the ducks that are in the water don't get the bread quickly enough, you'll see it disappear under the water. As we headed to the car they walked after us fussing the whole way. A car stopped as one duck was crossing. As the car went by the duck turned around and bit at it's tire! Ha! Toe thought that was just hilarious! Mikey was just hollering, "let's get out of here, Mommy!" Never a dull moment with these boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment