Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer is HERE!






Well, this week the boys are out of school and John is out of town all week. Actually, Matty had a makeup day today due to bad weather this winter. So, at least it's a short week with the make-up day and Memorial day! Also, they start a summer program next week!
Today, Mikey and I dropped Matty at school, went by the Montessori we are enrolling Mikey in this fall to turn in the enrollment papers, had speech therapy and then headed to Six Flags. The Six Flags part was a surprise to Mikey though. John got Mikey and I summer season passes to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. Today is one of the first days they are open during the weekdays. So, since it isn't as busy, I took Mikey to get our pics taken for our passes and ride a few rides before we needed to pick Matty up from school and then head to swim lessons. We were SO hot at the park. Mikey asked to ride a water ride that I wasn't too thrilled about. Of course I did it anyway! We rode it and got DRENCHED! Mikey just loved it and even stood on the bridge afterwards to catch more water from the boat after us. That kid is so easy going, fun and appreciative. He is always easy to take to those sort of places. I can't say the same for Matty! He's sweet....but SPICY! Seriously, he is so difficult sometimes, it gives me anxiety to take him places!
After all our activities we hurried home to get things ready because we were hosting an evening playgroup. We had a few minutes to spare so I had Mikey pose for a few pics that I'm posting. Also, posting one of him after the water ride today. I offered to take his wet undershirt off and put his top shirt back on. It was SO stinkin' hot that he asked to keep the wet one on. I have to say, that water ride was JUST what we needed to cool down.
So after we ate dinner with our buddies, we all headed to the neighborhood pool for an evening dip! I can't tell you how easy the boys were to put down after their bath! I think I flat wore them out......it's typically the other way around!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these pictures! Can't wait to try it out;o) We had so much fun eating pizza and swimming, thanks!

    ReplyDelete